The quality of my dedication and skills has been recognized by awards by the Mental Health Association of the Ozarks in addition to awards for Outstanding Service and Dedication in the Drug Elimination Program and “Celebrating Our Community” by the Housing Authority of Springfield, MO.
My counseling methods are as varied as the people who walk in my office. I am enthused about the success that my clients enjoy with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). Numerous studies indicate that CBT can be a powerful tool in prevention of depression and in maintaining recovery from depressive episodes. This provides benefits in other areas of a person’s life also.
I provide links to outside resources and make referrals to other professionals as needed.
Education and Professional Certifications:
- B.S.—Bachelor of Science in Education, grades K-12
- M.S.—Master of Science in Guidance & Counseling
- L.P.C.—Licensed Professional Counselor (Missouri)
- N.B.C.C.—National Board for Certified Counselors
- M.A.C.—Master Addictions Counselor through the National Board for Certified Counselors
- Basic Victimology Professional Certification (Missouri State University intensive training)